After completing this module, the learner will be able to –
- Define Food Safety Hazards.
- Identify the different categories of Food Safety Hazards (Biological, Physical, Chemical, and Allergens) and give examples of each.
- Identify the sources of Food Safety Hazard contamination and apply corrective actions to eliminate and prevent reoccurrence.
- Understand what cross-contamination is and why to avoid it in a food handling environment?
- Identify common problem areas where cross-contamination can occur and how to prevent it.