Brief Introduction to Food Safety Management Systems (22 min)

You cannot view this lesson as you're not logged in yet.

4 thoughts on “Brief Introduction to Food Safety Management Systems (22 min)”

  1. If you would like to supply Processed Food, example frozen meals to a business for resale to the public and they are HACCP certified, do you have to acquire the HACCP certification also or just the R638 certification?

    • Hi Paul,

      It will depend on your customers. If they need you to be HACCP certified, then yes. Best is to find out what your customers require from you.

      Kind regards,

      ASC Support

  2. Hi there
    I am a one-owner business, preparing, making, baking & cooking items such as sauces, rusks, pre-packed dry products such as seeds, and baking ingredients. I do it all myself. I have no other staff working or assisting me at this stage.
    My aim is to sell Homemade, Homebaked, and bottled items to shops such as Spar, Pick & pay and delicatessens, and private clients. I was told by the NMMM Health inspector that I need to do a Food Safety Training Course, to get my Certificate. She did not specify.
    I presume that I will only be needing level 1, to comply with the R638 -2018?

    • Hi Ronell,

      This course is a Basic Food Safety course and is sufficient to obtain a Certificate of Acceptability.

      Kind regards,

      ASC Consultants Support


Leave a Comment